Sunday, May 18, 2008

last night at 12 i felt immense

Warning: do not ever read Chuck Palahniuk books while listening to Radiohead in the middle of the night. Palahniuk books will tear open your ribcage, take your heart out, and fill the gaping hole with dark, thick liquid of gloom and despair. Then Radiohead songs will throw your already stuporous heartless body to the well and drag it to the abyss of more gloom and more despair.

As a health advice, when you are reading Palahniuk, listen to Mika or Snoop Dogg. Similarly, when you are listening to Radiohead, especially In Rainbows album, read Doraemon.

This is serious. Read a freakin Doraemon.

===========================

Last night I went to Borders at Orchard to check out the new books. When I was walking back from Borders to the bus stop, there was a band playing at *scape. I stopped and watched for a while. The band was an indie band, and looked like they already have a fan base. The audience knew their songs, and sang along with the vocalist. The sound sytem was awesome. I knew the band was having a very good time.

When i walked back home, i found myself praying to God:

"God, please lead me not into believing that it is cool to quit school and play in a band and be a full time musician,
that it is cool to jump around on the stage instead of doing schoolwork,
that it is cool to smoke on stage, throw beer cans at the audience after singing along with them,
and that it is cool to leave the venue with 3 hot groupies after the gig."

"God, please grant me the wisdom to see that it is way cooler for me to finish all my homework, study hard for all the tests, do CIP at old folks home/zoo/hospital/museum, contribute for the school welfare, go to portofolio building seminars, apply for research attachment, and watch all the hot girls walk past from afar without any hope."

"Amen."

Then I sat on my bed, opened the first page of Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk, and click the play button. The computer screen blinked twice, gleaming the words "RADIOHEAD - IN RAINBOWS" in the dark of the night.

song of the day: Radiohead - All I Need

seriusloejon
moi, je ne comprend pas
but je t'aime nonetheless
moi, je ne comprend pas
parlais vous Anglais?

No comments: